Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Typical conversations

Most days by 7pm I am wiped out. I attribute that to the mental work I have to go through as being a mom of two kids who never tire of asking questions and are always looking for ways to keep me on my toes. With him, its the struggle of how to not laugh when he says things that are funny but if I laugh at them I will pay for it with the boost to his ego. With her, its that I have to constantly stay on top of what I ask her to do because she is really distractable and goes off on tangents (the apple doesn't fall far apparently)
Let me give you examples:
(Pic is from her birthday at BAB workshop)
Me: Put your pajamas away
E: Okay
Me: (10 minutes later) did you put your pajamas away?
E: not yet
Me: what are you doing?
E: putting my necklace away
Me: (10 minutes later) did you put them away?
E: not yet
Me: why not?
E: I found a necklace I want to give to my friend and am writing her a note
Me: do that after you put your pajamas away
E: (10 minutes later) mom, how do you spell 'friend'?
Me: F-R-I...wait, have you put your pajamas away?
E: oops! I forgot!

I keep telling myself that, in the long run, I will be happy I had them help around the house. But I can see how parents end up doing everything and then raising kids who are lazy bums.
(pic from Baseball season)
Me: Say 'SSSSo' (he can't pronounce his 's' and I am trying to get him to practice)
J: Po
Me: (in an effort to use some psychology) say "po"
J: Toe
Then he laughs hysterically.
Still not sure how I am going to get him to practice his 'S'...




No comments: